The Modern Muslim woman and fashion

Now more than ever, the Modern  Muslim women doesn’t have to struggle to fit into the fashion world and trends.  
Whatever the occasion is, the Muslima can still look trendy, edgier and let me use a more favourable term, sexier in her abaya and veil.

Bear  in mind, fashion doesn’t know boundaries, it is simply how you put the pieces together to achieve a certain look but for a Muslim woman, be careful not to go against what the Holy Quran states about our way of dressing modestly. 

For a modern Muslim woman like myself, much as i want to join the fashion trend, I am always careful not to go against the norm.

Allow me  to take you into my look book for the EMY’s AWARDS 2018 at Kempinski hotel last weekend. 

I made that fashion statement in my beautiful abaya and veil without any stress or time wasting. Most importantly in ways that made me feel just good and beautiful. 


  1. I picked a simple bottom patterned black abaya with belt  from my wardrobe. I settled on black because the theme for the event was black.
  2. Got my black underneath scarf to match the  gold veil  and  my gold glittering pointed shoes. 
  3. I wanted to add a little colour to the ensemble so went with a small  pink clutch. Was very particular about the size of the clutch because I did not want it to over Shardow my outfit.
  4. With a  nude makeup  I was just good to grace the occasion. So you see I combined 3 colours Black, Gold and pink  but  I didn’t look too much? Less is more indeed! These days, you can rock in any abaya anddazzle the moment away. Muslim fashion industry has gained a place in the fashion industry worldwide. Don’t be left out. Be fashionable and trendy as a Muslim woman  but also be mindful not to break the bank just to look good.  You can always slay even on a small budget. The price of the outfit  doesn’t automatically mean you will look good. It can be less expensive and still  looks good on you same way it can be very expensive but doesn’t look good on you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why You Shouldn’t Believe Everything Is Black And White On Social Media