Why You Shouldn’t Believe Everything Is Black And White On Social Media

A lady here saw me at the hospital and was too visibly shocked  I was holding a new baby. Out of unharmed curiosity she went like “Eh Diamonds so you were pregnant and didn’t tell us.” …your followers.”


I smiled and said oh I didn’t tell you people eh? I am sorry. Forgive me. But truthfully, about 90% of the people who know me in real life, didn’t even see me pregnant. When I myself decided to inform them, a lot of them didn’t believe me till they visited to see for themselves. Usually Extroverts are sometimes very Introvert too. I am a mixture of both. 


Then she kept wowing and I asked why?


She said, “I am shocked because the way you are on social media this is a surprise. So you were pregnant and have even delivered? People will be shocked.” 


My words to her: Oh after a month of delivery I myself announced it here so people will be informed. It was only in line I did that so those who felt I wasn’t honouring their invitations to events and interviews for sometime will take note. 


But you see the compound house called social media, everyone that comes here knows what they are about. It is only a few I have seen that get carried away with the happenings on social media. Which in reality is not that deep unfortunately. The reactions (good/ bad) to whatever we do here most often than not ends here. The good ones luckily sometimes they follow us in real life and add some goodwill and value to our personalities. 


Believe it or not, a greater percentage of the time, people decide what they want you to know about them on social media. I may be home sleeping all day, and a scheduled picture or video of mine I went somewhere having fun weeks or months ago get posted. Fortunately someone will see it and genuinely admire it, unfortunately another person will see and give himself/ herself get instant BP because it annoys them or they just hate to sew people happy and others will just tap on it so similar thing happen in their lives meanwhile at that particular time it got posted that was not what truly happening with me in my life, I may prolly even be in a bad mood somewhere thinking about myself or even cooking banku  to eat with pepper and not the continental dish in the post as seen. This is a typical scenario. I can give you a thousand and one scenarios but another time. 


So my lady you see the twist of social media? Some of us if not for the social activism for humanity sake like we are long gone. But I get it once a while we feed people some aspect of our lives so some tend to think they know us through and through. -lolz- 


The fact that people are active on social media doesn’t mean all their life and its happenings is here or evolves here. Atleast I am speaking for myself. If I want you to know something about me I will and if I don’t I won’t. I have that power of control and I think everyone on social media does too. The fact that, I post one or two doesn’t mean you know the entirety of my life. It is only those who get carried away with the activities here that fall for the hype to the extent they go crazy and lose themselves. 


Main reason we shouldn’t even attempt envying anyone here to the extent of wanting to be exactly like them or compete with them. Here on social media is it delibrate interest, actions, thoughts and words we all display here. Don’t believe everything you see or read here. It is not as black and white and perfect as you see or think of people. Don’t kill yourself and feel depressed. So just feel free, be yourself by living your TRUTH. In the end it is the true intentions that is only seen by Allah plus how well we perform on the other roles and responsibilities we are tasked with as muslims that will give us the jannah pass and not the fake people pleasing.


Throughout my pregnancy alhamdullilah I had the strength to post and keep the page active so I was doing it, was even posting pictures p3p3p3 but it was in a deliberate positions and focus so my bump wouldn’t be seen. 


You allow people what you decide to allow them know and think about you.


She kept saying “eh eh eh eh” till we pathed ways. And yes Alhamdullilah I have a 4months old baby girl called Malika Habiba.  I am her mother, and yea we both roamed Dubai, Turkey and Europe by the special grace of God ⚓️ #foodforthought #OnGodForever

May Allah bless every woman with the fruit of the womb. And bless us with offspring who are the best in His eyes. Ameen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Modern Muslim woman and fashion