THE AURA SURROUNDING “LAYLATUL QADRI” - NIGHT OF POWER CHANGES DUE TO COVID-19. THE PERSPECTIVE OF A MUSLIMAH.

She said with sadness on her face and disappointment in heart.

 “I started following my grandmother for Tahajjud prayers since I was 5years,  though I  followed her just to go and sleep and wake up when they are done so we go back home because I was a little child, I knew we always went there  to worship Allah.

At that tender age, I felt the sense of belongingness, togetherness and connection with our maker Allah so I know what it means to go for Laylatul Qadr (Night of Power). But today and for the first time in my life ever since I knew Allah and what Ramadan require in the last 10 days, I missed out on an important ritual because  of this deadly disease COVID-19, I prayed in Tahajjud in my house with my husband, we prayed but it felt a bit awkward, no Azan (Islamic Call to Prayer), the melodious voices that comes from different Imams reciting the Holy Book and praying earnestly from different locations in and around my neighbourhood which sends shivers down our spines and can even make us cry wasn’t felt at all.”

Tahajjud known as the "night prayer", is a voluntary prayer performed by followers of Islam. It is not one of the five obligatory prayers required of all Muslims.

The last 10 days comes with performing “rakahs” and reading long portions of the Quran and praying our  hearts out for forgiveness from midnight.

It’s also a special period the time Allah answers all prayers but the sense of performing this prayer congregationally was missing this time around. Guess we don’t have a choice but to continue to adhere to the protective rules of social distancing and public gathering so this disease can be wiped from the planet Earth.

Allah is all knowing and understanding so surely any Muslim who worship Him with a clean heart from wherever they are, He will listen and fulfil their needs.Ameen

She’s a beautiful colleague, very religious, learned in Islamic Deen and  experienced in life and marriage so I go to her for advice and other form of guidelines but  I love to tease her Dagomba Hausa and Twi. lolz

Writer; Adizah Kuburah Braimah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Modern Muslim woman and fashion

Why You Shouldn’t Believe Everything Is Black And White On Social Media