THE MUSLIM WOMAN ACHIEVER

In the zongo communities, we have so many  great talents. From Seamstresses to very good cooks that will make you wake up in the middle of the night to and go stand in a long queue for hours  just to buy their foods, we’ve got some great  hair stylist, embroidery designers, make up artistes and so on and so fourth. If most of these talents will be as professional as this Henne Designer, then am proud to say ZONGO is the future for business opportunities and avenues. 

My sister and I were elated to receive a  detailed confirmation message from a “Mei yin Lele” meaning Henna designer! Immediately, we both went like this one is a PRO. No wonder most people we spoke to recommended her. 

Take a read at what ensured between us and The Muslim Woman Achiever who’s proven to take the “Leilei” as we commonly call it in Hausa to a bigger and more attractive  level. 

Growing up, I used to do Henna for my friends during Eid festivals and  family occasions. 

I had passion for Arts so during the 2006 World Cup because GHANA was a qualifier to Germany,, many people wanted to do things that will show portray their support as Ghanaians so while others were using parraphilanians others just wanted to look the GHANA colours by painting their faces and some other visible parts on their bodies.

Knowing how much I love Arts, my mum bought me some paint to design the flag of Ghana on people’s faces for a token, I took up the challenge, they loved it and later  got more  people demanding for my service during and after the occasion. I guess my mum’s gesture was geared towards initiating me to take the Arts thing serious. Which I am proud I did. 

After a careful look at the high demands coming in on a daily basis, I decided to make Henna Designs my full time trade. Before that decision, I promised myself not to make it an ordinary one. So I took time to do an in-depth research, effects of the products, checked if there were other alternatives, learnt the tribal designs and also designs from different places around the world so that my designs will be exceptional and hot selling.

I also did not  want to be referred to as just an  ordinary Henna designer from  the zongo so I took my branding and marketing very serious. 

That time, henna demand only came from mostly Muslim brides. It wasn’t  how these days you see people from all walks of life coming for it. And in a scale of 100, only a few also considered as a business venture trade in Ghana so I decided to make it more attractive to entice more people by designing different patterns. 

This was because I noticed, when you want henna designs here in Ghana, it was the basic designs you will get. I dared to be different. 

Fast forward,  I started I attending most of the executive social gathering that had the same target group of people I was looking to work on. I go to these gatherings as part of the strategies  to promote my henna and ALHAMDULILAH  after designing one or two people, the rest of my customers came on recommendations. 

I have worked as an office assistant to save money for school because started schooling but due to challenges I couldn’t  finished my tertiary so for 7 years this has been my full time job.

But after several years of doing my own business I have decided not to work for anyone again. I have worked on over 300 people young, old, from different religious backgrounds. I sometimes get invitation  to high class private parties and some celebrities also get  me to do their designs.  

By way of sharing the skill I have, I have done  2 online sessions and currently working on owning a  shop so i can start training the young ones who have interest in the Henna business. , Allah has been really good to me, more than i deserve so I will say the future is quite bright, she emphasised. 

She advised that, in addition to education, one should endeavour to learn a skill because in times of any financial struggle, it’s easy to  use it as the support system. 

If you have a skill already, you should also  try adding new ventures so that when one fails, there will be an alternative. In every business there’s up and down. 

She’s currently studying business administration at the Valley View  University.
She’s also venturing  into bottle crafting, redecorating used wine bottles with spray, wall painting and clay that can be used as centre pieces and vases. 

She advised, the young Muslim girls who have interest in the same business,  that in as much as it can be lucrative, one can’t get up and say they want to do henna, its all about how creative one can be, even if they learn and are not passionate and creative, they will be stuck with same patterns all the time, and in the henna business what gets u selling is the ability to do for clients what they show to you, and so anyone interested should first of all note that, creativity is a vital too. 

Faiza Abubakar grew up in Nima, had her Senior High eduction from at Insaniya Business school. 

She’s wife and a mother of 2 who love  to paint, craft, mould and do everything art. She’s self thought and with so many years of practice, we are proud to say she’s a Professional Henna artiste by all standard.

This is to encourage that young girl out there who want to give up on life because she has not been educated enough to get an office job, she also hasn’t got any capital to start a business. This is to tell you that, you have to make something out of what you love to do. If you love cooking, make it a business, start cooking on a table informs of your house, one or two people will come and buy and on and on your business will grow. 

If you love to sew, take it serious, let it grow. 
If you love to buy and sell, take it serious. It will grow with time and dedication. Who would have thought the ordinary Henna who play with, will be turned into a full bloom business for this lady. But today she’s entering into people’s homes and lives with her designs. 

The future dream we all have got to start by changing our attitude, our minds and how we push what is within us. 

Writer: Adizah Kuburah Braimah 
Kuburahdiamonds.blogspot.com
@themuslimwomanachiever

#themuslimwomanachiever 
#kuburah Diamonds 
#Henna professional #henna designs #henna 

#muslim brides #islamic Arts #arts #skill #paint #colours #patterns #achiever #pro #lover of Arts #muslim woman #woman empowerment #zongo woman #business #entrepreneur #business owner #creative director #creations #craft #christian brides #celebrity styles























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Modern Muslim woman and fashion

Why You Shouldn’t Believe Everything Is Black And White On Social Media