LIFE IS A HUSTLE! Be content with what you have because for other people, they have nothing close to what you are even complaining about, yet are very grateful and hopeful of a brighter day. 

Look closely at the tail end and under the truck? What do you see? A truck that has been turned into a bedroom and on top of it flooded because of the last night rain. Sad!

In blatant term, I see HARDSHIP, POVERTY, HOMELESSNESS, SUFFERING and DEPRIVATION.  Sigh! 

My question is, those of us fortunate, are we being  grateful as expected? 

We have a befitting place we call home?
We have families and friends who care for us and so in difficult times they extend helping hands. 
We are able to afford 3 square meal per day. 
We sleep on comfortable beds and cover our bodies with garments that keep us warm at night yet we still complain, 

we are sometimes bitter when other people are happy over their achievements and success stories. 

Because of wanting more than we have, we sometimes we go the extreme of killing and destroying others just to be more than them. 

We simple don’t wish to see others succeed  because we don’t want them to be on the same level with us or achieve more than is. 

I have known the people living here, in this unpleasant  situation for almost 2 years, this is their life. They eat, sleep and do everything here. 

Every morning, I witness a full house of abled men and women every rushing to take their bath in turns and go and hustle. That I admire so much about them. 

From where am standing, I don’t see them as lazy people. The only thing I see is they are trying very hard to make ends meet and to better their situation. You can tell they try, try but it is what it is. 

I also admire the fact that, after they return from their various work places, they come and sit together, chit chat heartedly, eat whatever meal you and I won’t like to eat because it wasn’t prepared in a hygienic condition, but they cook and eat it so beautiful that you will salivate. Oh yes! 

After all said and done, when the sun set, they coil under this truck in a tight arrangement  so that each one of them can have at least a small space to put their head for the night. 

Some have kids and these kids are not left out on education. Quiet impressive. One will think that, in this kind of situation, same parents struggling to make ends meet have manage to find true meaning of educating their kids regardless the circumstance. It  means there is hope for their kids. 

I find some time  to go and stand at my office balcony just to watch their movement. I always watch them with great admiration. I look at their situation and I say Alhamdullilah, some of us can’t and shouldn’t complain at all. We are better off. Even if we have a reasons to, I don’t think our cases are worser than theirs. 

I look at them and want to be of help but how? I can’t do it alone. If only I have a vacant house, I would have relocated them for the sake of the little ones. If you can be of help. Get in touch and I will show you where they are. 

Let’s be Good Will ambassadors. Lets be kind. Let’s be appreciative of what we have for someone out there wish to have just a little of what we have. As we pray for ourselves, let’s always remember to pray for those facing challenges and hardship. 

Poverty is not a pleasant situation at all. If you have in abundance, don’t hesitate to share. Be thoughtful, Be kind and Be supportive. 

Be a Diamond in someone less privileged. #kuburah Diamonds #write2change #write2encourage #write2educate #write2inform #write2touch a heart #bliss #help #support # kind #everyday people 

Writer: Adizah Kuburah Braimah 
Kuburahdiamonds.blogspot.com
adizakubura@live.com





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Modern Muslim woman and fashion

Why You Shouldn’t Believe Everything Is Black And White On Social Media